*What sport do you wish to coach:
*What grade do you wish to coach:
Every effort will be made to accommodate each team's practice requests. Availability of the gym/field will be determined by the number of MDPC teams.
Please indicate your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices below.
MDPC Coach CovenantAs I am taking on a high moral responsibility in assuming the role of a coach of a MDPC Athletic Team, I will abide by the following covenants:
- I will place the spiritual emotional and physical well-being of my team members ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will always remember the game is for the players, not the parents or coaches, and will coach accordingly.
- I will provide a safe and healthy environment for my players. I will be on time or make sure another coach is present and on time for all practices. I will stay with my players until all are picked up by their parent/guardian.
- I will lead by example, in refraining from use of drug, alcohol, and tobacco products. I will also lead by example in refraining from abusive language/behavior.
- I will encourage and model Christian love, fair play, and sportsmanship towards other teams, officials, parents and team members at all practices and games.
- I will treat and require my team members, parents and other coaches to treat all players, coaches, fans and officials with respect.
- I will insure that I am knowledgeable in the rules of the sport that I coach and will teach the rules to my players in a manner so as to promote a positive self image.
I have read, understand and agree with the Coach's Covenant.
Player and Parent Covenant
I will review the Player and Parent Covenants with the players and their parents.