Children's Ministry Intern Application - Summer 2021
The purpose of the MDPC Children's Intern Program is:
- To provide an opportunity for learning and training for future ministry.
- An opportunity to develop relationships with the MDPC children and families that impacts their faith development and church experiences.
- To play an integral part in the planning and implanting of the summer programming for the Children of MDPC.
Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
Desire to participate in ministering to children that range in ages, needs, and stages of development (preschool through elementary)
Major Events and Weekly Responsibilities:
- Experience in working with children.
- Desire to collaborate with peers and work as a team
- Ability to lead larger groups of children
- Ability to be Self-motivated and organized
- Completed at least one year of college
- Ability to create and implement ideas, programs, and experiences
· Summer Celebration (July 12-July 16)
· Mission Extreme Camps (June)
· Summer Sunday School (all Summer)
· Super Place Camp (Late July)Intern Positions Available:
- Interns will be placed in teams of 2 that will serve in both preschool and elementary for Sunday morning and will serve together for all camps and other programs.
Assist in planning and implementing programs, events, and experiences for Children
- Assist in planning and implementing Summer Sunday School.
- Assist in planning and implementing Summer Celebration (MDPC’s Vacation Bible School).
- Attend weekly Children’s Ministry Staff Meetings and other planning meetings
- Assist in planning and implementing Mission Extreme and Super Place Camp
Children’s Ministry interns will work under the administration and supervision of the Children’s Ministry Staff, being subject to the guidelines of the Session through the Personnel Committee.Salary:
$3,500 for approximately 12 weeksDuration:
Sunday, May 23rd- August 11th (Each intern may take only one week off during the course of the summer. These dates must be approved ahead of time and cannot be during major program events).
*Will you require housing this summer?:
*Will you have access to a car this summer?:
*Are you willing to work with:
*Have you ever used illegal drugs?
*Have you ever gone through treatment for alcohol or drug abuse?
*Have you ever been asked to step away from ministry or work with students or children in any setting - paid or volunteer?
*Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
*Are you willing to be fingerprinted for a criminal records check?
*Have you ever been accused of any form of molestation or abuse?
Note that your references will be contacted by Laura Miller as part of the application process. Please be sure to provide accurate contact information, both phone and email.
*PASTORAL REFERENCE (Ex.-Youth Pastor or Church Pastor): List name, e-mail, phone, relationship to self.
*ACADEMIC, PERSONAL, PROFESSIONAL REFERENCE (Ex.-Teacher/Professor or someone for whom you have worked): List name, e-mail, phone, relationship to self.
*What goals would you like to accomplish this summer? How would you accomplish them?
*Please list two (2) reasons, in order of priority, for seeking this position:
*Indicate work skills and/or personality traits that you feel will contribute to your being effective as an intern:
*What do you see as one of the major issues facing children today? How should the Church respond?
*What experiences have you had in the past six months that have contributed to your personal growth?
*Briefly, write your statement of faith, including your beliefs about God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Church:
Employer 1, Contact Number, Dates of Employment, Type of Work
Employer 2, Contact Number, Dates of Employment, Type of Work
Employer 3, Contact Number, Dates of Employment, Type of Work
I have read the MDPC Children's Ministry Summer Intern Job Description and I fully understand its requirements, salary and employment start & end dates. In addition, by signing this form, I give Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church the authority to complete a criminal history and background check at any time and for any reason. I hereby release from liability Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church and its representatives for seeking such information, and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information. I hereby certify that all information provided herein is true and correct. I understand that providing false information could result in disqualification from working with children and youth.