The purpose of the MDPC Children's Ministries Intern Program is:
1. To provide an opportunity for learning, training and discernment for future vocational and volunteer ministry with children and families.
2. An opportunity to develop relationships with the MDPC children and families that impacts their faith development and church experiences.
3. To play an integral part in the planning and implanting of the summer programming for the Children of MDPC.
• Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• Desire to participate in ministering to children that range in ages, needs, and stages of development (preschool through elementary)
• Experience in working with children.
• Desire to collaborate with peers and work as a team
• Ability to lead larger groups of children
• Ability to be Self-motivated and organized
• Completed at least one year of college
• Ability to create and implement ideas, programs, and experiences.
Major Events and Weekly Responsibilities:
• Summer Celebration (July 6 - 10)
• Mission Xtreme Camps (June / July)
• Summer Sunday School (all Summer)
• Super Place Camp (Late July / August)
Intern Postitions Available:
• Interns will be placed in teams of 2 that will serve in both preschool and elementary for Sunday morning and will serve together for all camps and other programs.
• Assist in planning and implementing programs, events, and experiences for Children.
• Assist in planning and implementing Summer Sunday School.
• Assist in planning and implementing Summer Celebration
(MDPC’s Vacation Bible School).
• Attend weekly Children’s Ministry Staff Meetings and other planning meetings
• Assist in planning and implementing Mission Extreme and Super Place Camp
Children’s Ministry interns will work under the administration and supervision of the Children’s Ministry Staff, being subject to the guidelines of the Session through the Personnel Committee.
$3,500 for approximately 12 weeks.
Sunday, May 17th– Thursday, August 13th (Each intern may take only one week off during
the course of the summer. These dates must be approved ahead of time and cannot be during major program events).
* Note: Because of our schedule, summer school is not permissible and personal vacation time is discouraged with this summer intern position. If you have conflicts, please let us know in the space below, so that we may discuss those during our interview time.
Please include College(s), City, Dates Attended, Major, GPA, Degree Awarded & High School.
*Will you require housing for the summer?
*Do you have access to a car for the summer?
If you have ever used illegal drugs, please explain.
If you have ever gone through treatment for alcohol or drug abuse, please explain.
If you have ever been asked to step away from ministry or work with students or children in any setting - paid or volunteer, please explain.
If you have ever been convicted of a crime, please explain.
If you have ever been accused of any form of molestation or abuse, please explain.
*What goals would you like to accomplish this summer? How would you accomplish them?
*Please list two reasons, in order of priority, for seeking this position.
* Discuss your daily Christian life regarding prayer, Bible study and intimacy with Christ. What are your strengths and weaknesses in this area?
* Indicate talents, gifts and skills that you feel will contribute to you working well with children?
*Describe an area you have served in Christian ministry and/or mission.
*What do you want children to know about God?
*List the three most important things in your life right now?
*Briefly, write your statement of faith, including your beliefs about God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Church.
*What do you want to take away from this intership? How do you want to grow and be challenged?
PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT: Please list Employer, Telephone, Dates of Employment, and Type of Work.
*Pastoral Reference: List name, e-mail, phone, relationship to self: (reference forms will be e-mailed after application submission)
*Academic / Personal / Professional Reference 1: List name, e-mail, phone, relationship to self:
*Academic / Personal / Professional Reference 2: List name, e-mail, phone, relationship to self:
I have read the MDPC Children's Ministry Summer Intern Job Description and I fully understand its requirements, salary and employment start & end dates.
In addition, by signing this form. I give Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church the authority to complete a criminal history and background check at any time and for any reason.
I hereby release from liability Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church and its representatives for seeking such information, and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information.
I hereby certify that all information provided herein is true and correct. I understand that providing false information could result in disqualification from working with children and youth.
I hereby release all information deemed relevant by Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church to my application for the potential employment. I understand and agree that any information obtained from the references provided will be used to decide whether or not to hire me. I agree not to seek any damages against the references provided for any information the references may have provided or any decision based on my potential employment at Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.